Lamb and Feta Pizza
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 leeks, white and pale-green parts only
- 16 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 pound ground lamb
- 1 cup (8 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 prepared pizza crust
Prepare the pizza crust according to the directions.
Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
While you are waiting, prepare the toppings for your pizza. Melt the butter with oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cut your leeks into bite-sized pieces and chop the scallions. Sautee both in the butter and oil mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Sautee them for about five minutes. Side aside in a bowl and stir in the herbs.
Next add the lamb to the skillet you just used, and brown the lamb meat over medium heat. This should take less than ten minutes.
Spread olive oil over your pizza crust, then add the lamb followed by the leek and scallion mixture. Finally, top the pizza with feta cheese and any extra salt and pepper that you would like. Bake the pizza for 15 minutes or until the edges of the crust start to turn brown.